From ADempiere ERP Wiki
Who is Red1?
Almost did not make it in the History of ADempiere. Once upon a time Red1.org is more known for its Compierean delights. He explores a new Software Business Model and loves killing SAP, I mean contributing blockbusters. He adopts Linus' Circle of Trust in his projects nowadays.
Red1's Other Mantras
- Merit Before Credit Before Profit (mid 80s)
- You Have No Idea (late 90s)
- Deliverable Has To Be Visible To Be Measurable (early 2000s)
- Contributors Are Priceless (2004)
- Do Nothing (2007)
- I did a lousy job but i got it done (2010)
- Think about it for a moment (2011)
- The cliche way of getting red1's attention is to send him email at red1(at)red1.org
- The ingenious way is to sign his http://red1.org/guestbook (its locked due to spam)
- The honourable way is to contribute or write in the Forums
- Get his new resume by writing in to his email.
- Show your appreciation to him at PayPal account: red1(at)red1.org
- You can always drop by my farm! :)
What am I doing?
Spreading The Word
- 2011 October - 2012 February an epic five months tour of Austria, Czech Rep., Germany, France, Colombia, Ecuador and Brazil. Indirectly causing a divorce, a new love, 2 wars, many new friends and a new partnership in Paris.
- 2011, before the world ends, touring the Philippines to produce my latest works of art. JavaPOS and OpenbravoPOS and touring Europe.. with pretty model for Austrian magazine.
- Rest of 2010, went to Tripoli, Benghazi, Damascus, Homs, Aleppo, nearby Singapore and lots of Bangkok.
- Red1/June 2009 finds me touring Europe. In February, 2010, I enter Paris.
- Arranging the first book on ADempiere. Web Economy & Culture ERP Setup to be published by Pearson.
- Evangelising in India.
- By creating a University Executive Masters on Open Source ERP.
- To Brunei i went. Stir a little pot at the forum.
- From Cebu they came, to CEDF-IT i go. First i have to know how to get to that island in the China Seas.
- Finally, i made it! Inquirer.Net (the 1st international FOSS conference announced here was hijacked by Microsoft who eagerly sponsored and struck out my name].
Digging Into The Pie
- 2011 begins with a bang upgrading Windows Installer, doing lots of QA Testing Integration.
- Really deep into OSGI HengSin, getting to know more from our Master Developer.
- Diving into the deep end at Talk:Mercurial Test Environment - 17:23, 26 August 2010, and now reviewing OSGI HengSin - 08:14, 14 December 2010 (UTC)
- Learnt how to upgrade AVA. Now i have to cut down the bloated image size! - 21:41, 21 October 2007
- Installed 2Pack Fixed Assets and Libero Manufacturing
- Testing and helping out Rob's WebUI - 00:22, 17 June 2007
- Setting up and mastering Posterita
- Institutionalising ADempiere - ADempiere Institute & Center of Excellence
- Preparing to conquer Europe (bad time, remember former dictators lost in the winter)
- Winter is over, Berlin, here i come! (European_ADempiere_Conference)
- Giving up on conquering my own country, Malaysia
- Thinking of returning to China, my 5th generation before homeland
- The term conquering here refers to spreading one's open source influence, and not one's genetical code
My Little Potpourri of Other Works
- Do you know what i did last summer?
- Java POS that does end up with a novel.
- Hi-res hi-fi demo movies, download the SevenZipped AVIs here.
- Application Dictionary makes ADempiere Rapid Development for any enterprise business software
- Reference Table with Dynamic Validation tutorial
- ERP On Demand as a hurriedly researched essay
- ReleaseManual.pdf for Presales
- Project Headstart Workshop
- ADempiere Features Checklist
- Counter FUD
- Difference With Compiere
- Web-based UI
- Debugging Posterita With Eclipse
- Libero Manual provide editing help
- The Red1 Story
- History of ADempiere
- Project Charter
red1 has some pet projects done with Open Source that he loves to get cracking again, if they are takers out there or if he retires anytime soon:
- University ERP from student admission via the web right to virtual classroom learning. Beats Moodle and Blackboard the last time i checked. But it is been quite some time, so if there is a contract on this, i can sharpen my light sabre.
- Cli-CE_Project where we can have an incoming caller ID via IP-PABX pull up the ADempiere CRM info and any associated info user wants. Done in Compiere 253 days, and will appreciate if there is a contract for me to play with this further. I like to continue to Short Messaging Service (SMS) notification for CRM and mobile ERP for ADempiere.
- CivilWorks was first started during my heydays in Compiere 251d with the ProgressClaims for a large construction firm, but Rasidi almost finished it now in Red Pear PLC.
Scrap Notes of a Mac User
- /Users/red1/Documents/workspace/adempiereTrunk/migration/postgresql.properties - postgresql.pgdata=/Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/data
- Eclipse/Configurations/Environment - LANG/LC_ALL = en_US.UTF-8
- Now upgraded to Mac Lion - postgres has different path (google to find out)
- utils_dev/RUN_build.sh need to comment out:
- if [ ! -f $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar ] ; then
- echo "** Need full Java SDK **"
red-wvp8n55987 yellow-sdfg87dfg456 my son my airline green-3n9469dbfnl ananda fine-w3fon387f4y
- Your migration script is in cd /var/folders/h1/
- The documents are issued after much evangelizing, presentation and concept proving workshops.
- They do not serve any official purpose nor are prejudicial to any other party.
- At best they serve as simple letters of goodwill and support to my open source approach for a viable eco-system that is competitive against proprietary ERP salesmanship.