Sponsored Development: Shipping Integration
This Wiki is read-only for reference purposes to avoid broken links.
Under Construction- but please feel free to comment
Add the ability to estimate and account for shipping charges.
- Joel Stangeland
- Some inform the customer of the shipping charge, so the shipping needs to be determined at order time
- Sometimes the shipping charge is not determined until the shipment is created and weighed, then actual shipping is billed to customer
- Need to have a flat-rate table with user-determined shipping rates
- Need to be able to look up supplier rates via web-service
- Need to be able to add a user-defined surcharge (flat-rate or percent)
- Need to be able to compare the cost of various shipping methods, and select one.
- Rate Basis Methods
- Total Order Weight: weight drawn from product records, or on scale
- Product Preset: Predefined amount from Product Record
- Total Price of Order: uses flat rate table with a scale of the order price
- Total Weight of Shipment: determined at shipping time, based on scale input
- Total Cost of Packages: in case various packages are created, makes sum of the package costs
- Select Options on the Order
- Choose Basis Method
- Choose Shipper
- Choose Service Level (first class, Overnight, etc, options determined by shipper)
- Surcharge Add-ons
- Oversize Item
- Handling Charge
- Order Price
- Service Level
- From Address
- To Address
- Are output printouts such as Bill of Lading (BOL) included under this module?
- Not part of the intention